Select OS to boot into on reboot

Doug dmcgarrett at optonline.net
Fri May 23 15:58:58 UTC 2014

On 05/23/2014 02:55 AM, Nils Kassube wrote:
> Alan Dacey wrote:
>>   KDE used to have the option for rebooting into an OS of your choice
>> in the system shutdown menu.  You would long click on the reboot
>> button and your grub entries would show up.
> I don't know if such a thing ever existed. I have tried it with the
> ancient versions Kubuntu 8.04 and 10.04 and both didn't offer that
> option.
>
>> I don't use it much so I
>> missed when the little down triangle disappeared.  Anybody know how
>> to get it back in KDE 4.13?
> Could it be that you are mixing up things? There is a little triangle at
> the shutdown button and I think it should offer options to suspend to
> RAM/disk and power off (I don't want to shut down now, so I didn't try
> it). If you want to reboot to a different OS, you would hold down the
> shift key during reboot. Then the grub menu should appear and you could
> select the OS you wanted.
>

> Nils

In PCLOS KDE when you select the shutdown menu, you get
options to shutdown or reboot, and in the reboot selection, you
can pick out the os you wish to reboot to. I probably loused up
one of the menu.lst files, because in one case it doesn't go where
I expect it to. But it used to work, and still tries.

--doug