Blue shell Firefox?

Thomas Tanghus thomas at tanghus.net
Wed May 14 15:18:53 UTC 2014

On Wednesday 14 May 2014 05:59:33 O. Sinclair wrote:
> On 14/05/2014 00:58, Thomas Tanghus wrote:
> > My installation has just been upgraded to Firefox 29 and I really don't
> > like the new Chrome like UI. Besides that I'd like to stay with the
> > Blueshell releases to have KDE dialogs as te Gnome equivalents are so
> > counter intuitive.
> >
> > How do I roll back and pin my Firefox to Blueshells 28 release?
>
> You have added the blueshell ppa? I use it and it works just fine.

Yes got it enabled and though it's sometimes a bit behind it works fine.

> to roll back (depending on when you added blueshell ppa it might not be
> available except for the "trusty" version):
> open Muon, find Firefox. Click on tab Versions, choose the 28 version of
> choice and click on button "force version".
>
> Look around after that for a way to "park" at version 28 in Muon, at
> this moment I can not remember how that is done.

I successfully downgraded but Blueshells version apparently wasn't available.
Tried the saucy version instead but language packs wasn't available.

Maybe I should stop being conservative and just try to customize it to my
needs ;)

--
Best regards / Med venlig hilsen

Thomas Tanghus