K3B can't find installed executables

MR ZenWiz mrzenwiz at gmail.com
Sun May 11 21:34:24 UTC 2014

I've asked this before and never got an answer.  Since it is now
happening again, I'll ask again.

I'm running Xubuntu 12.04 LTS and I really like to use K3B for my
multimedia disc needs.  However, recently, as it did a few months ago,
it is coming up with error messages about not being able to find
executables that are clearly installed on my system, like cdrecord,
dvd+rw-format and growisofs.  (Which reports each of them as installed
in /usr/bin, where I'd expect to see them.)

Each time K3B comes up, it complains about a different one.  It used
to settle down and run properly after a few retries, but I have now
tried about 8 or 9 restarts and it still complains.

WTF?

Thanks.
MR