[14.04 64Bit] - Can I Encrypt NTFS HDD And It will Work On Dual-Boot Desktop?

Matthew Cliffe mattjcliffe at gmail.com
Thu May 1 14:24:38 UTC 2014

Hi ill attempt to answer this ( I may be wrong, it has been known to
happen). I think it depends upon how you encrypt, you could achieve what
you are attempting to do by using a program such as truecrypt (?) which you
will have to install on both the linux and windows machine.

Hope this helped

FYI - http://www.truecrypt.org/faq

On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 2:33 PM, Jesse Palser <
jessepalsermailinglists at gmail.com> wrote:

> [14.04 64Bit] - Can I Encrypt NTFS HDD And It will Work On Dual-Boot
> Desktop?
>
> Hi,
>
> I use both Kubuntu 14.04 64Bit & Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit on same
> desktop.
> I want to encrypt my 1TB data HDD which is NTFS so it can be
> used(read/write) from both O.S.'s
>
> Is the above possible, if yes then what program do I use on Kubuntu 14.04
> 64Bit to do it?
> (I use Kubuntu 14.04 64Bit most of the time and only boot Windows 8.1 Pro
> 64Bit for testing software)
>
> Thank you in advance for your help...
>
> Jesse

Matthew Cliffe