KMAIL

Ralf Mardorf kde.lists at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 30 18:03:58 UTC 2014

On Sun, 2014-03-30 at 12:44 -0500, c. marlow wrote:
> Note: This is an HTML message. For security reasons, only the raw HTML code is
> shown. If you trust the sender of this message then you can activate formatted
> HTML display for this message by clicking here.

Perhaps he only sent HTML. Usually people sending HTML formatted mails
sent HTML + plain text, then likely your KMail would show the plain
text. KMail likely does provide options by the preferences. Currently
I'm using Evolution and have got no access to KMail. I guess the KMail
preferences provide options how to handle HTML mails, you likely could
allow to display all HTML mails.

JFTR it's very unusual to send HTML formatted mails to Linux mailing
lists. *buntu mailing lists are not that rigid, but on some other
mailing lists it's completely forbidden to sent HTML mails.

ASCII Ribbon Campaign
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASCII_Ribbon_Campaign

Regards,
Ralf