KMAIL

Rev. Olson rev.olson at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 15:40:31 UTC 2014

On 03/28/2014 08:01 AM, c. marlow wrote:

> On Friday, March 28, 2014 07:37:27 A Rev. Olson wrote:
>

> On 03/27/14 17:00, c. marlow wrote:
>

> Hello Reverend,
>
> That is very odd, when I first put in my account infomation it only
> asked for the password once to download my email and it has not asked
> me again on send or recieve. Wow you guys run the church on Kubuntu
> full time? very cool. I have never seen or talked to anyone that runs
> their whole org. with Linux. Still a windows world or
> MAC-N-OVERPRICED.... unfortantly.
>
> I take it your church domain has a very small mailbox so you have to
> leave Kubuntu up to constantly download the email for the church?

Well, as we get over 600 e-mails per day, not counting spam, it is
almost a full time job just working with them.  I am not always there in
the church, I do weddings and funerals sometimes at resorts, or people's
homes.  I also do in home bible studies around my area so I make great
use of my laptop's wifi.  We did fire a fellow for attempting to connect
a windoze laptop to our network however.  As to the mailbox, we find it
easier to have the machine download unattended to a local pool.  We each
can then take and answer as we have time from our own network so I don't
have to allow people the use of our church's internet connections (this
rule is a carryover from when bandwidth was so tight but it works well
for us so we kept it!)  We have three office machines, two home
machines, and nine laptops all currently running the 12.04 KDE flavor on
Ubuntu