KDE no longer starts after login

mls at xlist.pw mls at xlist.pw
Sun Mar 30 13:51:22 UTC 2014

On Sunday 30 March 2014 15:33:03 Myriam Schweingruber wrote:
> If nothing is written to that file then you either look at the wrong
> place (it is in your home, not in /var/..), or the computer can't
> write to it. In the latter case you could maybe have an issue with
> your disk space, did you check you have enough where your /home/..
> partition is?
>

> Regards, Myriam
Hi Myriam,

I checked with df -h and there is plenty of free disk space available. $HOME
is writable and I can copy file to that destination. But when logon and check
~/.xsession-errors it is not there. I am wondering at which point the system
start writing to ~/.xsession-errors.

Thanks & regards,

mls