KDE no longer starts after login

Ralf Mardorf kde.lists at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 30 13:45:35 UTC 2014

On Sun, 2014-03-30 at 15:33 +0200, Myriam Schweingruber wrote:
> If nothing is written to that file then you either look at the wrong
> place (it is in your home, not in /var/..), or the computer can't
> write to it. In the latter case you could maybe have an issue with
> your disk space, did you check you have enough where your /home/..
> partition is?

Or the machine already locks before the session can start. Btw. will
a .xsession-errors file be created, when there aren't warnings and/or
errors? JFTR it's not needed to delete this file. I'm doing it sometimes
too, but the older .xsession-errors file is moved
to .xsession-errors.old and a new file anyway will be created.