KMAIL

c. marlow chris at marlows.org
Fri Mar 28 19:02:29 UTC 2014

On Friday, March 28, 2014 06:53:22 P David Fletcher wrote:
> On Fri, 2014-03-28 at 14:18 -0400, lists wrote:
> > Speaking as one who used KMAIL for 8 years and loved it,  and watched
> > it be festooned with complexity (akonadi, etc), and who just gave up
> > on it last month and switched to T-bird....      I would stay where
> > you are.
>
> I also used to use kmail and thought very highly of it.
>
> Then they screwed around with KDE so my last two actions with KDE were
> to transfer all my email to maildir/IMAP on the home server I'd just
> built, then export all my contacts.
>
> After installing Ubuntu with gnome, I imported my contacts into
> Evolution and that for me works just as well as kmail ever did.
>
> Then "they" screwed around with Ubuntu, so right now I'm running Mint on
> this netbook, and will migrate my desktop when the next LTS Mint comes
> out.
>
> Dave

You know dave, I havent used GNOME in ages.... Last time I used gnome was
10.04 where you had the bar at the top   APPLICATIONS      PLACES     SETTINGS
kinda miss that its NOT the same to me with that one I cant think of its name
thats suppose to mimic the CLASSIC  gnome 2. I dont think I have ever tried
gnome 3... Just LDXE ( loved it) and  xfce but mostly KDE / XFCE.

-- Christopher