KMAIL

c. marlow chris at marlows.org
Fri Mar 28 18:55:02 UTC 2014

On Friday, March 28, 2014 02:18:16 P lists wrote:

On 03/27/2014 08:00 PM, c. marlow wrote:

hello new here to the group ^_^

Question, I am looking for some reviews on KMAIL... Is it a good and stable
and trustworthy email client?

I am using TBIRD right now, just kind of tired of it, been using it for a
couple years now, windows and NIX. I like how I can archive my folders before
closing instead of having to manually copy a .Thunderbird file to back
everything up

Thanks!

~ CHRISTOPHER~
chris at marlows.org

Speaking as one who used KMAIL for 8 years and loved it,  and watched it be
festooned with complexity (akonadi, etc), and who just gave up on it last
month and switched to T-bird....      I would stay where you are.

Too many problems with KMAIL as it is....  and in fact, when I shut it down
for good and started using T-bird,  the RESOURCES behind the scenes were STILL
handing my email over to Kmail even though I had set all of the "shut down the
resource when Kmail shuts down"...   And with T-bird I have totally gotten rid
of akonadi completely, which must free up a lot of cpu, memory and disk space
right there.

I wouldn't go back to Kmail on a bet.....

GEEZE LOUISE!
Just checked the taskmanager ( sys mom) says I have 10 akondi processes
running right now

-- Christopher

--
1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.  - - Life's 50 Lessons