Adding contact to address book in KMAIL fails.

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Fri Mar 28 15:46:28 UTC 2014

c. marlow wrote:
> Personal Contacts: Unable to write to file
> '/home/chris/.local/share/contacts//6fP7Zlqawt.vcf': No such file or
> directory
>

> I am using Kubuntu 12.04 LTS. fully up to date.

I suppose you are using the default Kmail version coming with Kubuntu
12.04. Unfortunately there were still several bugs in that version. And
IIRC the address book linkage is one of them. I would suggest to use the
Kubuntu ackports ppa [1] to get the current Kmail version which is much
improved (I don't know about the address book though). OTOH, you may
want to wait until the release of 14.04 LTS to get the latest Kmail
version.

Nils

[1] <https://launchpad.net/~kubuntu-ppa/+archive/backports>