KMAIL

David Fletcher dave at thefletchers.net
Fri Mar 28 15:44:22 UTC 2014

On Fri, 2014-03-28 at 07:37 -0700, Rev. Olson wrote:
> I had to leave Kmail as they removed its ability to save passwords.
> Kmail was very stable and usable til then. Kwallet which they tried to
> tell me to use with Kmail is terrible and would continually crash my
> computers which are meant to run 24/7.  Our church needs a way to get
> our mail off of a service unattended and Kmail which served so long
> became unusable with its new inability to save the passwords.

Sounds like another job for a small low power server.

Mine directly receives email to my domain via SMTP with postfix
providing the server, but I also run fetchmail with a couple of cron
jobs to download from yahoo and that ms mail service whatever it's
called. Some of that goes through procmail for filtering, then gets
passed on to postfix where everything goes into the proper mail boxes
controlled by the alias database.

Somebody on a list said one day that getmail4 should now be used instead
of fetchmail.

This would of course involve expenditure for the new equipment, but save
electricity in the long run, plus give you a bog standard mail server
that can be accessed using any old imap client including android phones.

Dave