13.10 vs. 12.04 LTS vs. 14.04 LTS Final Beta

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 20:26:07 UTC 2014

I am on the beta myself and I DO have some issues:
1. apt-get or aptitude update consumes 25% CPU on a quad-core i5
2. if you use Kmail filters seems totally borked
3. desktop search is erratic but that can be due to frequent updates

generally, if I were you I would actually go 12.04 with backports. You
get kde and libreoffice and so on updates, it is just the kernel that is
"old". Then go for LTS upgrade once 14.04 is released.

Why did I not myself? Well I was stuck on 12.10, 13.04 was a nightmare
for my hardware and so I did go for beta 14.04

/Sinclair