13.10 vs. 12.04 LTS vs. 14.04 LTS Final Beta

Daniel Hollocher danielhollocher at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 18:21:19 UTC 2014

I took the beta plunge myself, and it is going ok.  Simply based on my own
experience, I would install 14.04.  Then it is quite painless to upgrade
since it basically just upgrades itself.  That's what I would do, not what
you should do.

I wouldn't say that installation issues are the problem for betas.  In my
experience, that's the alphas.  You should look over the release notes [1].
 That has a very good list of issues many people are facing.

[1] https://wiki.kubuntu.org/TrustyTahr/Beta1/Kubuntu