13.10 vs. 12.04 LTS vs. 14.04 LTS Final Beta

David Johnson davidjohnson at brownmailbox.com
Tue Mar 25 17:42:09 UTC 2014

Hi,

I have a new computer that needs to be set up within the next few days.
I want this computer to ultimately run Kubuntu 14.04 LTS Final Release.
If you were in my situation, which of the following versions of Kubuntu
would you install on this computer within the next few days?

* 13.10 -- The latest Final Release.

* 12.04 LTS -- The latest LTS release. Some users claim that they
encounter fewer issues when upgrading between LTS releases.

* 14.04 LTS Final Beta -- ETA is March 27. Some users claim that the
biggest issues with beta releases are installation issues, and if a user
can successfully install a beta release, then they're all set for the
most part.

I'd really appreciate any advice you have to offer.

Thanks,
David