printing fails with kubuntu 12.4 LTS and latest updates

Ralph DeWitt ralphdewitt at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 13:12:38 UTC 2014

On Wednesday, March 12, 2014 02:11:49 AM George Dvorak wrote:
> I have been fighting all day trying to get my Brother HL-2240 to print
> correctly. Sending a print job causes blank sheets to spew out. Since I do
> not often print I did not connect the updates to my problem.
>
> Waiting for an update that fixes this or instructions to provide test
> information.
>
> George Dvorak
>
> On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 1:34 PM, James Cain <james.cain.25 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello. How did you re-install the printer? Do you mean that you
> > uninstalled and re-installed the HPLIP software? I am using an HP deskjet
> > here on an office PC with 12.04 and all updates applied and I am not
> > experiencing any issues with printing.
> >
> > - James
> >
> > On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 2:55 PM, KP Kirchdoerfer <kapeka at bering-
uclibc.de>wrote:
> >> Hi all;
> >>
> >> with Kubuntu 12.04 LTS and latest updates I'm no longer able able to
> >> print
> >> with a HP Laserjet 3020 on the USB port.
> >>
> >> Printer selftest works.
> >>
> >> Printing PDF files from okular gives an unreadbale page.
> >> Printing from LibreOffice works if I choose "direct printing",but fails
> >> if I
> >> choose a single page to print, and/or prints only 3 out of pages.
> >>
> >> I've reinstalled the printer, but that doesn't help.
> >>
> >> What am I missing?
> >> any hints?
> >>
> >> thx kp
> >>
> >> --
George:

Please go to this site for the Linux Drivers:
http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bsc/public_s/id/linux/en/index.html

After you have downloaded and installed the required drivers for your printer,
read thru the FAQ as there are some manual configuration steps that must be
done for ubuntu/kubuntu.. Also you can get excellent tech support via there
email support option. But be patient as it is a little slow.. I just do not
understand why they have not submitted there drivers to the CUPS project as HP
does.

Hope this helps.

--
Yours