Systemd-udevd slows boot

Herbert Herwig herbert.herwig at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 14:58:23 UTC 2014

Hello, I'm asking here, because I googled a diskussion on Kubuntu
developers on systemd or other ways.
Searching for systemd-analyze , there is no package systemd in any
repositories.
My boot process hangs for about 20 seconds on systemd-udevd according to
dmesg.
I thougt , that Kubuntu uses upstart, not systemd ? Obviously something is
mixed up in my ( standard ) kubuntu.
My System is
 Kubuntu 13.10 with KDE 4.11.5
Linux waldi 3.11.0-18-generic #32-Ubuntu SMP Tue Feb 18 21:11:14 UTC 2014
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

and dmesg part is :

[   23.939427] systemd-udevd[358]: starting version 204

please help me getting systemd-analyze installed (often recommendet in lots
of google articles) or get rid off systemd-udevd
Trying to remove the package, this will also remove kde-plasma and lots of
kde programms

Yours sincerely
Waldi