Kmail DOES send my mail, but does NOT save it to the local folder 'sent-mail'.

Bas G. Roufs in English basroufs at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 12:36:38 UTC 2014

Hello Everybody,

At present, I am working at the partition of my main system: a fresh install
of Kubuntu 13.10 along with KDE 4.11.5.  Ever since a few weeks, something
weird happens when sending a mail message from Kmail/ Kontact. Whenever doing
so, the message gets stuck in the local folder 'outbox' and shows the
following header:

'Sending succeeded, but failed to move the message to the sent-mail folder. No
items found'.

However, when checking IMAP or webmail folders like 'sent-messages' or 'all
messages', I can see that such a message has been send.

For the time being, I simply manually move each sent message from 'outbox' to
'sent-mail'.   However, I would appreciate to more structurally solve this
little problem. That's why, I have checked the terminal when sending a test
message. After opening the terminal, I simply gave in the command 'kmail'.

After confirming this command by hitting the ENTER-button, I got the following
feedback:
QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication.
Application may misbehave.

Here is an excerpt from the terminal:

bas at Viaconsensus-casa:~$ kmail
QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication.
Application may misbehave.
bas at Viaconsensus-casa:~$

Is there any way to fix this small software mistake?
Is it useful to write a bug report somewhere?

Respectfully yours,

Bas G. Roufs.

--
Bas G. Roufs