muon no longer asking for authentication (and failing)

Ralf Mardorf kde.lists at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 23 12:04:52 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-06-23 at 06:53 -0500, Billie Walsh wrote:
> The first thing I do on a new install is fire up a terminal and
> install synaptic.

Synaptic is a very good GUI, the only alternatives are ncurses and pure
command line. Aptitude and apt(-get) are good too. What to use depends
to the OP's needs. For Debian based disrtos such as the *buntus, I
wouldn't use anything else, than Synaptic, aptitude or apt(-get), an
sure, dpkg ;). I prefer the DEB package management over the RPM
management, but my favourite is the Arch Linux pacman way.