KDE 4.13.2 packages available

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 07:20:10 UTC 2014

On 18/06/2014 05:11, Clay Weber wrote:
> On Wednesday, June 18, 2014 10:39:20 AM support wrote:
>> Is there a timeline for when they would move to the standard repos?  Or
>> is adding this PPA ultimately the only way we will ever have access the
>> foreseeable future to the 4.13.2 updates to KDE?
>>

> As an LTS, I do believe that 14.04 will see new KDE versions for at least 2
> years. The kubuntu-updates PPA is the best way to get these packages soonest,
> as there is more of a process before such updates are allowed into the
> standard repos, and likely not each and every minor KDE release will be pushed
> there.
>
> Afaik there is no actual timeline for which updates will end up in the official
> repos. However, the kubuntu-updates ppa is an official, kubuntu-supported
> repository.

I think Clay has outlined it quite well but I can add that I also have a
laptop that is still on Kubuntu 12.04, the earlier LTS, and on that one
am up to KDE 4.13.1 via a combination of the kubuntu-updates and the
kubuntu-backports ppa

Both of them are official kubuntu-team ppa, I think there is a
kubuntu-beta ppa also though that one is "handle with care" so to speak.

kind regards
Sinclair