Memory

Clay Weber clay at claydoh.com
Thu Jun 12 14:10:54 UTC 2014

On Thursday, June 12, 2014 08:17:30 AM Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Thu, 2014-06-12 at 07:42 +0200, GH wrote:
> > In your case I would stick to 32 bits because many programms are still
> > in 32 bits.
>
> Many? I guess just a few are 32-bit only and most of them likely can be
> used on 64-bit architecture too. OTOH I'm a ware of at least one
> proprietary Linux DAW that is only available in 64-bit architecture.
>
> What important programs are still in 32 bit only available, could you
> name a few of them?

Skype probably is the biggest one. But it runs very well in a multiarch system
;)

While there is little reason to keep to 32 bit installs anymore, other than
older hardware that is not 64 bit, there also is, in the case of the OP, very
little reason to do a fresh install simply in order to get 64 bit.

Clay Weber