Copy-Paste w/o ctrl+C and ctrl+V, but with mouse buttons: where did it go ... ?

theuteck at gmail.com theuteck at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 03:15:49 UTC 2014

On Wednesday, June 11, 2014 10:07:57 PM Ulrich GrĂ¼n wrote:
> Hallo list,
>
> one nice thing of Linux (among others), was the ability to copy a text
> by just highlighting it and paste it with simultaneous pressing of two
> mouse buttons (left and right button). This was very fast method to C/P
> lots of texts to and fro.
> After upgrading to a new video card, this feature was gone (the text is
> still copied by highlighting it, but I cannot paste it any more by
> pressing the two mouse buttons).
>
> I have not found out how to re-enable this feature again. I remember,
> that in the old days (SuSE?), this was done at the mouse setting in the
> control panel. Probably, it can be configured in the xorg.conf, but
> neither its man-page nor Google helped me.
>
> Is here anybody who knows?

That is part of X and not the window manager.   When you upgraded the video
card did you have to change/update drivers? I wonder if the middle button
emulation got turned off.  The video driver may have some config were you can
turn that back on, or you can make an x.org config and us it.  X.org will use
the config if it finds one.