Kgpg problems

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 12:30:49 UTC 2014

Friends,

being on 14.04 I have since somewhere in 2007 sometimes used (k)gpg to
sign files and the odd email.

I admit it is not very often and when I now read of someone having
issues with kpgp I discovered that I too had serious issues.

On starting the program it could not find or import my keyrings and I
eventually had to delete my .conf file and reimport the original version
of my key files. That I luckily have kept all these years...

Kgpg was still complaining that it could not import the files but DID
import them.

I am not too overly impressed... for those who do use it I think it is
pretty important that it actually DOES work when you want to use it?

Regards
Sinclair