switching users... forget it!

Vincent bullet at ballmail.co.za
Sat Jul 12 08:11:13 UTC 2014

On 11/07/2014 22:57, Bruce Marshall wrote:
> On 07/11/2014 03:56 PM, c. marlow wrote:
>> Well thats not me bruce just frustersted thats all
>
> I didn't say you were a troll....  But it's not "good form" to come
> into a group asking for help and then "p.ssing" all over the favorite
> topic (kubuntu).  And you didn't really do that either, but some might
> take it take way.
>
> Computer systems are more of a "religion" to some people.

Hi Chris, I've been following this thread from inception and while
you've been getting some very mixed advice from the list, probably
you're best bet is to head over to linux mint forums at
http://forums.linuxmint.com/ and register. They're a great bunch of
people,(as are the folks on this list) where you'll get mint specific
help. I currently run kubuntu 12.04 on my desktop and mint 17 kde on my
netbook. Both are very similar in operation with some minor difference's
which the mint folk would I'm sure be only too happy to help you with.
FWIW, Sinclair's steps on setting up user's is spot on. Follow them and
you shouldn't have problems.
For clarity, mint is based on ubuntu, not kubuntu, so no matter which DT
you use, unity, kde, xfce, cinnamon etc. they're all based on the
current ubuntu system, with all the ubuntu support for that system. In
the case of mint 17, until 2019.You seemed to be under the impression
that mint 17 KDE was based on Kubuntu, not Ubuntu.
Stick with it friend, you won't be sorry! Linux is an extremely secure,
efficient and safe OS.
Just my 5c. HTH.
Vince