switching users... forget it!

Scott DuBois sdubois at linux.com
Sat Jul 12 07:08:58 UTC 2014

On 07/11/2014 12:02 PM, kbun at xpresso.seaslug.org wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Jul 2014, Juan R. de Silva wrote:
>
> <Snip>
>
>> I OP is a troll, which might be the case, then there was
>> no need to reply to him at all.
>
> I've been seeing this negatively conotated term for the
> last immediate forever, but haven't figured it out yet.
> What exactly do you mean by, "troll?"
>
> Bill

Hi Bill,

Trolls are typically people who enter forums, mailing lists or other
congregating places with the intent of starting arguments or flame wars.
Some people actually "thrive" on trolling and I've heard there are some
forums specifically set up for trolls to congregate with each other. I
wrote an article about trolls not long ago if you'd like to have a read.

http://roguehorse.blogspot.com/2013/12/trolls.html

--
Scott DuBois
President EBLUG