switching users... forget it!

Ralf Mardorf kde.lists at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 11 13:43:40 UTC 2014

On Fri, 2014-07-11 at 07:41 -0500, Billie Walsh wrote:
> All I can say about his attitude is that it stinks. It is not typical
> of most people on this list.

It doesn't help to recommend somebody to stay with Linux, when the users
needs fit to Windows. My reply wasn't meant as an insult, it was a
clarification, since the OP seemingly does labour under the
misapprehension that expecting setting up Linux user space is like
installing Windows and Applications running on Windows. It's impertinent
to claim that my attitude is bad. Your behaviour is a shame. You're
insulting me and you're not helping a OP whining about a bad Linux, who
hopes to get a Windows machine soon. If you want to help a novice it's
wise to clarify how to ask smart questions and to make a novice aware
about self-responsibility, doing research, not to switch distros just
because something doesn't work out of the box and not to ask on one
distro's mailing list questions about another distro. My intention was
and still is to help the OP, you simply misinterpret my tone of voice.