Thunderbird for Mint

David Fletcher dave at thefletchers.net
Thu Jul 10 21:25:27 UTC 2014

On Thu, 2014-07-10 at 16:46 -0400, Little Girl wrote:
> Hey there,
>
> Doug wrote:
>
> [SNIP]
>
> > My first shot was to look for T/B in the G UI package manager,
> > where it was not found,
>
> It's possible Mint doesn't have Thunderbird in its repositories,
> although I could have sworn Mint uses the Ubuntu repositories. Do you
> have all the updates Mint suggests you should install?

Using my Mint 17 64, Mate, netbook:-

dave at Tosh-NB520:~$ aptitude search thunder
i   thunderbird                                         - Email, RSS and
newsgroup client with integrated spam filter
p   thunderbird:i386                                    - Email, RSS and
newsgroup client with integrated spam filter
p   thunderbird-dbg                                     - Email, RSS and
newsgroup client - debug symbols
p   thunderbird-dbg:i386                                - Email, RSS and
newsgroup client - debug symbols
p   thunderbird-dev                                     - Email, RSS and
newsgroup client - development files
p   thunderbird-dev:i386                                - Email, RSS and
newsgroup client - development files
v   thunderbird-enigmail

and so on, for several more pages........

--

Lisa Simpson:- "They must have programmed it to eliminate the
competition."