[14.04 64Bit] - Default Installation - No Swap Partition?

theuteck at gmail.com theuteck at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 16:25:24 UTC 2014

Hello Jesse,
You have 2 choices, use a partition tool to make some space and create a new
swap partition, or use a swap file.  The swap file will reside on the same
partition as / and will not work for hibernation for a laptop I think, but it
is not as risky as repartitioning, and if you only need it for VMWare, you can
always reclaim space latter.

http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/linux-add-a-swap-file-howto/