The VueScan Kiss-off

Clay Weber clay at claydoh.com
Wed Jan 29 16:47:22 UTC 2014

On Wednesday, January 29, 2014 11:17:58 AM Fred A. Miller wrote:

> >> I use VueScan most of the time, because it gives me VERY GOOD when
> >> scanning B&W or color negatives, restoring images from tin plates, etc.
> >> It DOES work perfectly on openSuSE 12.3 and 13.1.....just for an FYI.
> >>
> >> Fred
> >
> > Yep....  and it worked fine on kubuntu 13.04 but not on 13.10
> >
> > It has to be a very simple fix, something to do with window refresh since
> > that's what seems to give vuescan a 'kick' to do some action.   But I
> > guess Ed Hamrick just can't be bothered to look into it.
> >
> > I'll let you know how I do with skanlite....  it looks like a workable
> > solution.
>
> I'd guess that it has something to do with the compile of KDE on Kubuntu
> and not a VueScan problem. This based on my installs on a number of
> Linux flavors.
>
> Fred

I would say it is likely another issue, as upon trying out this program unregistered
(watermark embedded on images, nags) I an not seeing any issues at all. This is on
13.10, on two different machines. This application is using Qt, probably a static
build and thus not using the libraries that come with one's distro.

Clay Weber (claydoh)
http://kubuntuforums.net[1]
http://claydoh.com[2]

--------