The VueScan Kiss-off

Bruce Marshall bmarsh at bmarsh.com
Wed Jan 29 16:03:48 UTC 2014

On Wednesday, January 29, 2014 10:30:04 AM you wrote:
> > I've been using Skanlite. It's pretty basic but fill my needs just
> > fine. I don't do a lot of scanning.
>
> I use VueScan most of the time, because it gives me VERY GOOD when
> scanning B&W or color negatives, restoring images from tin plates, etc.
> It DOES work perfectly on openSuSE 12.3 and 13.1.....just for an FYI.
>
> Fred

Yep....  and it worked fine on kubuntu 13.04 but not on 13.10

It has to be a very simple fix, something to do with window refresh since
that's what seems to give vuescan a 'kick' to do some action.   But I guess Ed
Hamrick just can't be bothered to look into it.

I'll let you know how I do with skanlite....  it looks like a workable
solution.

"The expert is a person who avoids the small errors as he
  sweeps on to the grand fallacy."