Issue with NVIDIA card

BRM bm_witness at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 28 20:11:18 UTC 2014

I had a similar issue with a nVidia GeForce 6200. Worked fine under Gentoo (which I just wiped off). Just rebuilt the system to Kubuntu (got too far behind with Gentoo a while ago, just no time to keep up with it any more), and had to disable all effects even during the 13.10 installer. System is now using the open soure nouveau drivers after some difficulty. Not sure what is going on with it - trying to make it a media center using Plasma Media Center, XMBC, and Netflix-Desktop. (Only netflix-destop not working right now...)

Ben