Grub: file not found

Ralf Mardorf kde.lists at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 7 23:51:20 UTC 2014

Pardon, no additional info is needed.

On Tue, 2014-01-07 at 16:49 -0500, Jerry Lapham wrote:
> Actually, 11.04 was originally on sda6 and I cloned it to sda5, then I
> upgraded sda6 to 12.04.

The startpoint of the clone is different to the startpoint of the
original install.

> When I start the laptop, the GRUB that appears is definitely the one
> on sda5.

> The entries for 3.2.0-58 and 2.6.38-16 on sda6 both point to the same
> UUID.

What entries? Is the UUID for sda5 and sda6 the same ;)?

> One works and the other doesn't.

Sure, if you boot the old kernel for the new install, you likely not
really boot the clone, but the original instead.

You need to do the grub-install /dev/sda thingy and to update grub.cfg.