Looking for an external, portable DVD writer that works well with K3B.

Fr Denis Carter SSC fr.deniscarterssc at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Feb 20 09:59:42 UTC 2014

On 19/02/14 14:10, Bas G. Roufs in English wrote:
> Hello Everybody,
>
> the external DVD writer I have been working with during some years, is
> apparently nearing the end of it's life cycle. That's why, I am looking for a
> new one that works well with K3B. The device needs to be able to write CD's,
> DVD's and especially  rewritable DVD''s. It needs to be portable, light-weight
> - a price of about 30 Euro is OK.
>
> One of the devices I am considering, is this one:
> Samsung SE-208DB - DVD±RW (±R DL)/DVD-RAM-station
>
> However, I am also open for other ideas. So, if you have experience with such
> a device when working with K3B/ Kubuntu, please, share a bit of feedback here.
> Thanks!
>
> Bas G. Roufs.
Hello Bas, I have been using the Samsung SE 208 with K3B for a year now
without any problems. it is fast and only needs one usb connetion.

--
Fr. Denis A V Carter SSC
St. Columban's

Donate now and share in our commitment to working with the poor in Asia, the Pacific and Latin America

Missionary Society of St. Columban Britain (Columban Fathers)

Widney Manor Road, Knowle, Solihull B93 9AB

Registered charity in England and Wales no. 221594  Charity registered in Scotland SCO 38948

‘He has sent me to bring good news to the poor, to proclaim liberty to captives, and to the blind new sight, to set the downtrodden free and to proclaim the Lord’s year of favour’. (Lk 4:18)

Do you need a hard copy? Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.