Duplicated messages sent from the list

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kubuntu.org
Sun Feb 9 12:11:11 UTC 2014

Hi Christopher,

On Sat, Feb 8, 2014 at 8:19 PM, Christopher M <c_marlow at earthlink.net> wrote:
> now in thunderbird I see the following options. I am using the newsgroup
> through Thunderbird but I have it set up as a newsgroup

Well, if you use the newsgroup instead of just subscribing to the
mailing list (which is the recommended way IMHO) that changes the
behavior. I was assuming you were a regular subscriber, then you
wouldn't have a problem.

The default settings in the mailman instance is that you get your
message as well, if you don't want to see your own message you set the
"not me too" flag in your subscription settings. Default should be
"reply to list" in a mailing list, but of course you can also use
"reply to all" if you prefer, it might just bother some people to get
double messages, then.

Regards, Myriam
http://www.fsfe.org