TBIRD and downloading mail for offline

Christopher M c_marlow at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 8 21:00:46 UTC 2014

I know I have kinda been hazed by everyone I know ( teased) about using
pop3 and how IMAP is supreme but honestly 99.7 % I dont use the internet
on my iphone. So I kinda dont see any need to check it via the phone. I
kinda like being disconnected from the online world when I am on the go.
I text and call since thats unlimited on Verizon, but thats about it.
its very rare I use the internet part.

But when downloading pop3 msgs... It does not load the whole messages...
I hop on download them then get off. ( on a limited sat connection) to
see the pictures you have to hop back on then re open the msgs to see
the images. ( I have the hide images turned off before anyone asks) if I
dont go back online all I see is place holders ( just clear boxes) where
the image should be.

Why? back in windows OL 03 and 10 never did that they downloaded THE
WHOLE msg images and all.

TB does download attachments but why not the embedded images?

It looks like even if your using POP3 or IMAP you STILL have to be
online to get the full email ( embeds and all)? Thats dumb I want to DL
it then go offline.

Ive created new profiles same result.

See below 2 links of what I am talking about:

IMAGE 1- is sync offline  FILE>> WORK OFFLINE MENU >> SYNC AND GO OFFLINE

image 2 is closing the image going back online and reopening the email
to get the rest of the email.

http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac69/CMAR606/1_zpsc9280080.jpg

http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac69/CMAR606/2_zps98074e25.jpg