Transferring e-mail from an Android tablet

Phil phil_lor at bigpond.com
Wed Feb 5 08:28:52 UTC 2014

Thank you for reading this.

I will be touring Asia for a month and I'm wondering if I should buy a
cheap Android tablet to receive e-mails from the many lists that I
subscribe to and perhaps do a little web browsing as well. I'm not sure
that I can justify the cost of even a cheap device for what seems like a
trivial use.

My question is; is it possible to transfer e-mail from an Android device
to the Thunderbird reader on my home computer when I arrive back home?
If I can't then I'll save a hundred dollars and have the joy of sorting
through 4,000 e-mails on my return.

--
Regards,
Phil