Mozilla Crash Reporter for 64 bit

David david at hackbinary.com
Mon Dec 29 12:58:10 UTC 2014

Hello,

Is your system up-to-date?

>From the console ('Konsole):

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade (this will upgrade your versions of your kernel)

then reboot

Also, have you tried Google chrome?
Chromium is available from the standard kubuntu repositories:

sudo apt-get install chromium-browser

Have you run the memory tester?  (I think kubuntu loads one, memtest86 as a
boot option in Grub)

Try running firefox from the console (konsole) and see if it gives you any
useful information when it crashes (or just before).

David

On 28 December 2014 at 07:46, Phil <phil_lor at bigpond.com> wrote:

> Thank you for reading this.
>
> I was recently given a 64 bit laptop and although it only has one working
> USB port it performs far better than my older 32 bit laptop.
>
> The 64 bit laptop has Kubuntu installed from scratch and works flawlessly
> except for Firefox crashing on every occasion after a boot up with the
> Crash Reporter displaying "We are sorry" etc..
>
> A Google search has not shed any light on the problem. Is this a known
> problem with the 64 bit version or could there be a problem with my
> installation?
>
> --
> Regards,
> Phil

David

Email   |  david at hackbinary.com

I have no doubt that in reality the future will be vastly more surprising
than anything I can imagine. Now my own suspicion is that the Universe is
not only queerer than we suppose, but queerer than we can suppose.
 - J.B.S. Haldane