Setting alternative keyboard layout in Kubuntu.

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Mon Dec 29 07:30:31 UTC 2014

Hans dinsen-hansen wrote:
> Thank you so much.  I found the right selections.  I have the problem
> that when I think computers, I think English, and my wife's laptop
> speaks German.  What is e.g. "layout" called in German ("Belegung"!).
> I do not even know a Danish word for layout.  Even if Danish is  my
> home-language.

Yes, "Belegungen" is the name of the tab. But that doesn't mean that
this word would always fit. In most cases I would rather translate it
with "Anordnung".

Anyway, you can change the application language of most KDE applications
in the help menu. Then you don't have to guess, what the term might be
in your language.

Nils