Mozilla Crash Reporter for 64 bit

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Sun Dec 28 17:00:18 UTC 2014

Phil wrote:
> The 64 bit laptop has Kubuntu installed from scratch and works
> flawlessly except for Firefox crashing on every occasion after a boot
> up with the Crash Reporter displaying "We are sorry" etc..
>
> A Google search has not shed any light on the problem. Is this a known
> problem with the 64 bit version or could there be a problem with my
> installation?

I don't think that the 64 bit firefox has general problems - at least I
haven't seen any firefox crashes on my 64 bit Kubuntu 14.04 machine. To
further diagnose the reason for your crashes, you could disable any
addons and check if then the crashes still happen. If the crashes are
gone after disabling the addons, you can enable them one at a time to
determine which one is the culprit.

Nils