Search for file name in Dolphin

George Dvorak gldvorak at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 06:10:25 UTC 2014

Valorie, krunner only finds text in Libreoffice for me. In general I use
kfind when I know the approximate point in the file structure. Krusader is
the best for general searches where I have no ideas. Krusader can skip
sections of the file structure where I know that I do not want to search
like, /proc. This greatly speeds up the search.

The search in Dolphin only works if I know the terminal directory to search
in.

It may be that I do not know how to use krunner. One of the turn offs for
me is a long list without a scroll bar. This sort of thing is something
that I find with many new apps that are meant to replace perfectly good old
apps.

And NO I can not bottom post in Foxpro!

George