KUbuntu

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 06:32:36 UTC 2014

On 28/04/2014 08:21, Christer Wickman wrote:
> Hello Everybody
>
> I have a question to everybody. If one buy more memory to ones computer. I have plans to buy DDR2 800MHz 4Gb memory to my computer. Does that mean I have to install KUbuntu v. 14.04 64-bits KUbuntu? Hope anyone can help me with this.
>
> Yours.
> Christer
>

> Sent from my Huawei Mobile

assuming you are already using 32-bit version you should be able to
install the PAE extensions and continue working. For 4 Gb RAM the PAE
should do just fine (out of my own earlier experience)

actually, checking the ubuntu wiki for this:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/EnablingPAE

it states that from 12.10 and onwards PAE is already enabled by default.
In which case you do not have to do anything.

if you decide to go beyond 4 Gb you should consider reinstalling to 64-bit.

Kind regards
Sinclair