Akonadi Google Contacts not working inside Kontact after upgrading to Kubuntu 14.04

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kubuntu.org
Thu Apr 24 09:16:06 UTC 2014

Hi Valter,

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 9:58 PM, Valter Mura <valtermura at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> the subject is not totally true, because I can setup an agent Akonadi Google
> Contacs with my own Gmail account, but:
>
> - I cannot see the Gmail Addressbook inside Kontact
> - I can see a setup personal addressbook (Kde) that works correctly
> - if I try to create an Akonadi Google Contact inside Kontact, the system will
> create it (I can observe it also from System Settings > Personal Information,
> it is created and ready t use, green spot), but I cannot see it from inside
> Kontact,

Did you try to Quit and restart Kontact? It works here for me, maybe
restarting Konact, ev. restarting the akonadi server will help.

> and nothing can be read and/or add to my existing Google addressbook

I tried both adding an entry from inside Kontact and made
modifications to an existing one, the changes are reported in the
remote source as well.

Regards, Myriam

http://www.fsfe.org
use ISO standard ODF instead (ISO/IEC 26300