[14.04 64Bit Beta 2] - sudo apt-get upgrade: "The following packages have been kept back:" ?

Bruce Marshall bmarsh at bmarsh.com
Fri Apr 18 19:25:20 UTC 2014

On 04/18/2014 02:37 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> The output of
>
> $ cat /etc/apt/sources.list
> $ cat/etc/apt/sources.list.d/*
> $ cat /etc/apt/preferences
> $ cat/etc/apt/preferences.d/*
> # dpkg -l | grep ^h
>
> might be useful.

I've usually found that problems like "held back" can be resolved by
using a 'smarter' package utility than apt-get.

Such as synaptic  or  aptitude.   Synaptic has the 'fix-broken-packages'
option under EDIT but usually either synaptic or aptitude will just go
ahead and install the held-back items with everything fixed.

--
"Whenever I feel like exercise, I lie down until the feeling passes."