Still 100% CPU when using Kontact - nearly SOLVED!

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 05:30:41 UTC 2013

On 29/09/2013 17:56, Little Girl wrote:
> Hey there,
>
> Errol Sapir wrote:
>
>> Thanks all for your advice. I finally was ablr to install
>> Remastersys by foll;owing the following tutorial on youtube.
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM_jSD3o3aA
>> The site he states on the video wasn't available  but I found the
>> replacement site here:
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/os4systemimage/
>> I then folllowed the instructions on the video, downloading and
>> installing two downloaded files as described AND doing sudo apt-get
>> -f install
>> All then came out ok.
>
> I'm glad it all worked out. (:
>
> If it's no longer actively maintained, you'll want to always keep that
> in mind as you update your system, because it could break or something
> else could break as a result of it, and nobody would be working on a
> fix.

it is really sad that some really good software gets abandoned because,
as in this case, the maintainer feels he/she gets a lot of negative
comments (b-s to quote the maintainer in this case). Remastersys is a
"lifesaver" for me, I experiment quite a bit with my setup but keep a
"fully installed and working" backup made with Remastersys at all times.