4.11.1 and desktop search, address completion, virtuoso et al issues again

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 13:35:14 UTC 2013

On 17/09/2013 14:19, Valter Mura wrote:

> 2013/9/14 O. Sinclair <o.sinclair at gmail.com <mailto:o.sinclair at gmail.com>>
>
>     am on 4.10.3 and KDE 4.11.1
>
>     Yesterday there was a slew of upgrades and since then suddenly I
>     have issues like:
>
>     Desktop search kind of works but Dolphin "today" and "yesterday" are
>     totally wrong in what they contain.
>
>     Address autocompletion in KMail gone whack, apart from what I expect
>     that is recent addresses and Contacts I get load of "Contacts found
>     in your data". On top of that Contacts that worked as expected this
>     morning can not be found apart from "recent addresses" and "contacts
>     found in your data"
>

> Hi,
>
> the only way I found to get autocompletion working (with
> akonadi_google_contacts) is to disable the Nepomuk Search in Settings.
> Autocompletion automagically restarts.
>
>     Searching for emails strangely enough seems to work much better than
>     ever...
>
>     And then it seems like the akonadi_nepomukfeeder starts from 0%
>     every login and slowly chews it way up to 100%. In the meantime
>     virtuoso-t has a jolly good time with my cpu and also chews up 800
>     Mb RAM (there used to be a setting to limit this memory but can not
>     find it any longer).
>
>     Desktop search is also strange but I leave that for a separate post.
>
>     My akonadi_nepomuk_feederrc looks like this:
>     [akonadi_nepomuk_email_feeder]
>     Enabled=true
>
>     [akonadi_nepomuk_feeder]
>     DisableIdleDetection=true
>
>     the last line I know I have once edited, the top part I am not sure.
>     Since there seems to be no documentation on these files it is kind
>     of guesswork
>
>     My akonadi_nepomuk_email_feederrc looks like this:
>     [InitialIndexing]
>     IndexCompatLevel=1
>
>     and finally kpimcompletionorder:
>     [CompletionWeights]
>     129=100
>     130=99
>
>     What can I do to get back to working autocompletion??

Well I use "good old" Personal Contacts and I ended up reverting to
4.10.5, 4.11.1 was just one big mess for me in all that deals with
search (worst in Kontact but also desktop)

Tried a live image of 13.10 yesterday - new network widget refuses to
connect. OK it is beta but... this is not looking good