Html viewing in Kmail

Clay Weber clay at claydoh.com
Tue Oct 29 05:26:11 UTC 2013

On Tuesday, October 29, 2013 08:17:15 AM CA G Rajesh wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have a strange problem, for past few days, in Kmail. I am using latest
> saucy now. Mostly I send html formatted messages. While composing or viewing
> html mails in inbox, I find no problem. But once html mail are sent, the
> sent-mail folder or mails saved in draft while composing, loses html *view*
> immediate at viewing it.
> I understand that the html mails reach the receiver properly with
> formatting. Setting kmail > menu bar > folders > prefer html to plain text
> (similar settings in kmail > menu bar > settings > configure > security is
> already done) does the trick for that mail. But new new mails get the same
> problem. I have set it again and save the display format by right clicking
> the mail. I tried to delete kmail2rc too. Nothing seems to work :(
> How to correct this problem? Is this a bug or am I missing some
> configuration settings?
> Thanks in advance.
> Rajesh

Try looking at the properties for each *folder* that exhibits this behavior:
Highlight the folder then click on the "Folder" option on Kontact's top menu bar. Set
the option to "prefer html" option there. I know   you said you have checked this, but
do so for *each folder* that does not have this.

The normal Drafts, sent-mail folders, and others in the "Local Folders" are not (iirc)
connected to one specific Kontact identity or email account, so this might be why you
see this behavior not being changed  - Kontact defaults to NOT using html.

--
Clay Weber (claydoh)
http://kubuntuforums.net