Fresh install Kubuntu 13.10: how best to partition the HD for optimal, smooth Kontakt & Akonadi

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Sat Oct 26 13:04:00 UTC 2013

On 26/10/13 11:42, A.J. Bonnema wrote:
> On 26/10/13 13:18, Basil Chupin wrote:
>> On 26/10/13 08:50, A.J. Bonnema wrote:

pruned]

> I wasnt too clear about my problem. Yes, part of it can be exclusive
> access, but I also want to share, and that is where I have a problem.

My only comment here would be is to create another partitition - call
it, say, OMEGA - and put the files which you want everyone to share here
and symlink from all users here (/Data/Omega/<folder-file>; and set the
appropriate permissions [read/write/execute by Other or setup a special
Group, put all the users into this Group and allow this Group to
own/read/write/execute].

Don' know if this will work but you probably know more about this than I
do :-) .

> I might be able to solve it by having each user mount the network
> drive using different uid and gid parameters. I will find something.
> All this is not relevant to the original mail, so thanks for the info,
> especially the setup to keep the home clean, and to have multiple
> machines with the same data. I am certainly going to use that.
>
> Regards, Guus.

BC

--
Using openSUSE 13.1, KDE 4.11.2 & kernel 3.11.6-3 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor