Kubuntu 13.10 is released

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Sat Oct 19 07:21:24 UTC 2013

On 10/19/2013 09:08 AM, Girard Henri wrote:

> Le 19/10/2013 08:05, O. Sinclair a écrit :
>>>

>>> An excellent upgrade and well worth doing, as always big improvements
>>> all
>>> round, especially in telepathy and kdepim stand out.
>>>
>>> One Caveat - I hate the new network manager, a big drop back from the
>>> old one.
>>> Less information on display, and ugly to look at.
>>>

>> A disaster here. As I am writing virtuoso process is using close to
>> 700 Mb RAM, Kontact takes almost the same. CPU is over 30% related to
>> nepo/ako whatever processes.
>>
>> Suddenly I can not use my favvo style oxygen-transparent as KWin goes
>> monkey when I do.
>>
>> And "as usual" no autocompletion of address in a new mail. Instead I
>> get a whole bunch of "found in your data" that I never asked for.
>>
>> Deep sigh.
>>
>> Sinclair
>>
> Here problems too... I was hoping kde could work again on my pc but
> no.... Since version kde4.8 it blocks just after loging. I have a nvidia
> 220 and a hp pavillon AMD 3 core.
> I have kubuntu and ubuntu desktop.
> Wait till it works again one day !
> Henri

Well, thanks to Remastersys (check it out before it goes offline) I am
back with working Quantal/KDE 4.10.5 but it irritates me no end that
what is basically a KDE upgrade goes bonkers in what is core techniques
- akonadi/nepomuk

who in the name of all gods did REMOVE the facility to limit virtuoso
memory usage? What is akonadi-tags and what are they good for? Why is
Kmail suddenly giving me truckloads of results from my mail data when I
want a Contact in a mail?

And so on

Sinclair