Kubuntu 13.10 is released

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Sat Oct 19 06:05:37 UTC 2013

On 17/10/2013 23:46, Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Oct 2013 03:03:55 PM Jonathan Riddell wrote:
>> New Software from KDE - KDE Plasma and Applications 4.11
>> New app installer - Muon Discover
>> New accounts setup - User Manager
>> Easier to get everything during install - Wireless Setup in Installer
>> KDE Telepathy with Better Text Editing and Improved Notifications
>> New Network Manager applet
>> Easier to report what you're using with About System
>> documentation returns at http://docs.kubuntu.org
>> still using good old X.org and planning to follow the rest of the ecosystem
>> with Wayland
>

> An excellent upgrade and well worth doing, as always big improvements all
> round, especially in telepathy and kdepim stand out.
>
> One Caveat - I hate the new network manager, a big drop back from the old one.
> Less information on display, and ugly to look at.

A disaster here. As I am writing virtuoso process is using close to 700
Mb RAM, Kontact takes almost the same. CPU is over 30% related to
nepo/ako whatever processes.

Suddenly I can not use my favvo style oxygen-transparent as KWin goes
monkey when I do.

And "as usual" no autocompletion of address in a new mail. Instead I get
a whole bunch of "found in your data" that I never asked for.

Deep sigh.

Sinclair