Still 100% CPU when using Kontact - nearly SOLVED!

Bruce Marshall bmarsh at bmarsh.com
Sat Oct 12 17:35:47 UTC 2013

On Saturday, October 12, 2013 10:15:23 AM George Dvorak wrote:
> Yes, I have my personal data in a seperate partition. and when things get
> wierd I have reinstalled and reformatted both the root and $Home partitions
> without having to worry about personal data. Guus you are the first person
> that I have seen mention doing this. I have wondered why others did not see
> the advantage. In fact it would be great if Linux did not automatically set
> up a personal partition.
>
>  George Dvorak

I too, in many cases have 'data' stored on other than $HOME, but pray tell,
what do you do with Kmail (assuming you use kmail) data and many of the other
apps.

There are also hundreds if not thousands of configuration settings for apps
that would have to be completely re-done.  It's not an easy thing to handle.

"I hit the CTRL key but I'm still not in control"